Apple has taken good care to create the iOS notification system both powerful and user-friendly, but one negative point of introducing simplicity in this division is that features appear to be somewhat mediocre, particularly where it counts.
SmartNotifications is a released recently iOS developer Elias Sfeir jailbreak tweak that fills the above-mentioned gap by providing users with a variety of additional options per-app related to iPhone notifications.
- For individual apps, custom notification sounds (15 pre-installed, or add your own)
- Enable specified app notifications to bypass the mute switch on your iPhone
- Do not disturb, mode on a per app basis
- Custom, notification volume level on a Since app basis
- LED flash alerts on a Since-app basis
Upon download- users can find in the Settings app a dedicated, preference pane where they can customize the change to fit their needs.
- Customize notification settings per app
- Customize miscellaneous notification settings
Notification settings This app
|For this particular app, custom notification is toggled on or off|
|Please select a custom notification sound relative to the above setting|
|Turn on or off the mute switch for this App|
|Invoke a Do Not disturb mode that silences notifications when this app is opened|
|Enable and configure this app’s custom volume level for notifications|
|For this particular app, toggle LED flash settings|
|Select how many times the LED flash happens (1, 2, or 3 times)|
- Choose to clear alerts instantly with just one swipe
- Delete the option “Manage” when swiping on a notification
As you can see for yourselves the SmartNotifications , choices brought to the table outshine Apple native notification settings, by a fair amount. Although Apple’s notification system is definitely not broken, it can definitely do with a boost from such a modification, enabling users to have better control over notification behaviour.